Benjamin Weik, our Head of Development started working at Core-Backbone 14 years ago. His activities include the management of software development/ application development and the internal infrastructure. He leads the development team and is responsible for ensuring that our software development tasks are implemented on time and projects are completed successfully.
You can read the whole interview with Benjamin Weik below.
- What motivates you in your job?
Thinking into complex structures and solving tricky problems.
- What is special about your job? What do you like about your duties?
It is very versatile. In addition to programming and software administration I am also in charge of the areas of network, system integration, power and air-conditioning technology.
- What do you like to do after work?
Family and DIY activities.
- How do you like it in Nuremberg?
I grew up in and around Nuremberg. There are certain advantages of living in a city, but as a family we would rather move back to the countryside.
- What kind of skills do you need for the Head of Development position?
Fun with problem solving, good Linux knowledge and patience.
- If someone wants to become like you, what is the carrier background? (Studies, professional training)
I started and completed an IT specialist apprenticeship for application development at Core-Backbone.
- How did you get your know-how?
Mostly via trainings as a state-certified technical assistant for computer science as well as being a self-learner over the years.
- What differs CBB from other companies?
I have never worked for another company, but from my observations our advantage is the flexibility resulting from the small structures that have a small number of employees compared to large companies.
- How would you rate the work-life balance at CBB?
Great. Readiness has become more relaxed over the years and there are many organised events throughout the year.
- Would you recommend this professional path to others? If yes, why?
Yes, it is an exciting professional field that will become increasingly important.
We congratulate Benjamin on his 14th anniversary and wish him many more fruitful years at Core-Backbone GmbH. We would like to thank him for his dedicated work, friendly working style and helpfulness to his colleagues.